Thursday, May 13, 2010

Oh how I love beads...............

For the longest time I have LOVED Zoe Bonbon- the colours of her resin beads make my heart flutter! Her amazing creations are available in Australia through one of my favourite stores, Brown Button Trading.

Image courtesy of Zoe Bonbon via Brown Button Trading

When I created my necklaces for Pink Theodore I was always on the hunt for the perfect bead, and I found plenty and so I will share with you my sources for amazing beads across the world...


Necklaces designed by Pink Theodore (me...)

For resin and acrylic beads like you see in Zoe Bonbon- I used a company by the name of Dot.E Design. Nicky has an amazing collection and she also stocks bedrock resins, these beads appear very similar to some of the quite well known businesses around that use resins for jewellery and I know that their creations can cost a FORTUNE, so if you are feeling crafty and would like to whip up a marvelous creation similar to these talented people, head on over to Dot.E (if you have an ABN, her prices are even better!!)...



The above beads are available through Dot.E Design

For those of you looking to start a business, I found a little business in Bali, which is another place I ended up getting my beads from, he made them to my specifications and the prices were RIDICULOUS. I think I got 20 strands of resin beads for $3.00. Then I asked him if he would make me some vases and bowls in resin- and he did, for 1 he charged $20.00 for 20 of them all he wanted was $100.00! Can you believe this? If you are looking to go into business and would like his contact details, please let me know...

In my never ending hunt for the perfect beads, I got it into my head that I needed a candy striped bead, I hunted high and low for what seemed like an eternity- then I found two sources with EXCELLENT service (shipping was expensive- but worth it!). Panda Hall and Fire Mountain Gems. I mostly used acrylics, as I was designing my necklaces for children, but they have a plethora of beads and findings, so the world is your beading oyster.....

And in the interest of "keeping it real" I leave you with this image...these baskets of lovely used to be housed in beautiful glass containers in colour co-ordination (those who know me, will understand my need for order..), however this is what happens when you bead with children. My son would "help" by tipping them all over the floor and making necklaces too- so I gave up on my need of order and put them away out of site out of mind...for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment